How to Cure Cracked Heels
Cracked heels are a common problem caused by chilly weather, dehydrated skin, non-moisturized feet, excessive scrubbing, hot showers, using harsh soaps or diabetes. But this condition is nothing to worry about. Read on to learn some simple yet effective tips on how to cure cracked heels.
Cures for Cracked Heels
- The best home remedy is to massage your heels gently with some sesame oil before hitting the bed.
- Mix rosewater and glycerin and apply this mixture on the cracked heels every day to cure them.
- Squeeze a lemon in a quarter full bucket of water and soak your feet in it. Then wash your heels with soap and pumice stone.
- Massage the cracked heels gently with coconut oil before going to bed. When you wake up in the morning, scrub the heels gently and rinse them.
- Mix papaya with lemon juice and apply this mixture on the affected heels. Rinse off after about 20 minutes.
- Soak the cracked heels in lukewarm water for about 15 minutes. This soaking loosens the dead skin. Then, use a pumice stone to scrub gently.
- Mix some raw salt in lukewarm water and soak your heels in it. This treatment is a natural pedicure and exfoliator combined.
- Or, you can buy special creams from a pharmacy to cure cracked heels. Apply at night before sleeping and wash it off in the morning.
- Mash a ripe banana and apply on the cracked heels. Wash it off after about 15 minutes for quick healing.
- Apply olive oil on the dry and cracked heels, then wear socks to preserve it on the heels. Go to bed with the socks on to enable the heels to absorb the moisture. In the morning, your heels would have become supple and soft.
- Melt some paraffin wax and mix coconut oil into it. Fill the cracks in the heels with this mix before hitting the sack. Wash your feet in the morning and you will find the cracks gone within two weeks.
How to Prevent Cracked Heels
- Drink plenty of water every day to stay hydrated
- Clean your feet and heels every day and regularly exfoliate them
- Eat foods rich in zinc and Omega-3, as deficiency of these nutrients can cause heel cracks
- Wash your feet thoroughly after coming home
- Use quality foot care products and creams
- Wear comfortable footwear and avoid ill-fitting ones as these can damage your feet
- Do not walk bare feet at home as your feet can become dirty with dust
- Moisturize your feet every day to keep them supple and soft
- Scrub your heels with pumice stone to remove dead skin
We hope the above tips on how to cure cracked heels can help you overcome this condition. Remember that not taking proper care of your heels is the main reason for cracked heels. Opt for a professional pedicure regularly to indulge your feet. All these tips can help you flaunt your sexy feet and heels in stilettos and other attractive footwear.
Watch this video to learn how to cure cracked heels: