Types of Artificial Nails – Tips for Maintaining and Benefits
Artificial nails are the solution for those who yearn for beautiful nails, for broken nails and special occasions. There are various types of artificial nails available. They are also known as false nails and they come in such a way that it would be really difficult to differentiate from the natural nails. This article gives out the different types of false nails such as gel, acrylic, wrap, sculptured and many more, the tips for maintaining them and benefits of artificial nails.
Different Types of Artificial Nails
These are the popular types of artificial nails and require glue to set them on natural nails. They are prepared from monomer and powdered acrylic. These are durable, thick and strong, therefore preferred by most of the women. The greatest advantage is that they don’t cause any damage to the nail plate.
Acrylic nails fixation requires utmost care and maintenance. As the nails grow, acrylic should be filled again. Filling should be done for every 2 – 3 weeks.
These are for women who want a natural look to their nails. These nails are prepared from gelled acrylic. The gel is a combination of monomers and polymers which can be directly applied on the nails and set with an aid of ultraviolet rays. These nails are not durable, sturdy and strong. They moreover cannot be removed easily and may damage natural nails sometimes. The greatest advantage is they can be filled less often than acrylic nails.
Gel nails are of two types – Nails which use light and nails which don’t.
These are a bit elaborated type of false nails. They contain varieties of varied cut silk, linen or fiberglass. They seem to be natural than the gel nails. These are very thin and smooth which gives them a natural appearance. These are least durable.
Women who are hyperactive should not use these nails as they are very weak. Fiberglass nails are the best among wrap nails.
You may be wondering about these nails – whether they are grown with solar energy. But no, they are just an improved version of acrylic nails. These come in varied amazing pink or white nails. Likewise acrylic nails, these also should be filled once in every three weeks.
These nails are applied with acrylic, gel or fiberglass. These false nails are lengthened accordingly and a foil or metal is sculpted on them. These nails too require a regular filling for a amazing look. These are the lasting artificial nail types.
Porcelain nails are somewhat similar to acrylic nails but, they are made of glass like material. These are very delicate and fragile but are undoubtedly much costlier than other false nail types.
Press –On Nails
They are the handy type and the normal type of nails. They can be found in any beauty store. Just you need to do is glue it to the nail plate. They work the best for the women who find it lazy to visit a beauty parlor.
Tips for maintaining various types of artificial nails
Listed below are a few tips that help in maintaining artificial nails:
- Always consult a manicurist before going to have artificial nails as it helps you in finding out the best suitable nail type for you.
- These nails need to be filled once in every two to three weeks.
- Always use plastic or rubber gloves while applying nails.
- Make sure to apply moisturizer to the cuticles so as to avoid drying and infections.
- Also apply nail and cuticle oil everyday to keep your nails and cuticles moisturized.
- Opt for a licensed, reputable nail salon to get artificial nails done.
- Do not use household glue even by mistake as it can damage the nails.
- If you want to apply artificial nails by yourselves, you should follow the directions given very carefully and this needs lot of practice.
- For removing artificial nails at home, you need to soak your nails in nail soak for about half an hour.
- Do not apply artificial nails on irritated or infected nails.
- Keep your nail tools sanitized and never share them with another person.
- Some chemicals used for applying artificial nails can cause allergies and therefore you need to be careful in getting them done.
- Do not use acetone nail paint remover.
Benefits of Artificial Nails
Artificial nails are advantageous and offer many health benefits.
- They help to fix or conceal damaged, broken, bad or short nails.
- They also help in preventing people from biting nails, nail splitting and breakage.
- They are beneficial for people whose nails are short, weak and do not possess the nails they desire.
These are the various types of artificial nails, tips for fixing them and their benefits. Hope you grabbed the enough knowledge in picking up the right nails for you.