How to Remove Fake Nails
Fake nails appear beautiful on both fingernails and toenails. They may be savers for broken and brittle nails, giving an amazing look. Once you know how to remove fake nails, then it will easier for you to keep changing and trying out various types of fake nails. There are very good alternatives such as gel nails, acrylic nails, press on nails, sculptured nails and many more. If you very much fond of changing fake nails accordingly to your makeup and wardrobe, then you should also know how to remove fake nails. This article gives you stepwise instructions that will be helpful to you.
Instructions on How to Remove Fake Nails
Nail care tools you need
Neat towel, olive oil, glass bowl, water, moisturizer, nail polish remover, petroleum jelly, orange wood stick, nail clipper, nail filer and nail buffer.
- Clip off the fake nails as much as possible using a nail clipper. This helps in easy removal of fake nails.
- Using a nail filer, file away the glossy coating or the gel from the fake nails.
- Apply a thin coat of petroleum jelly on the skin around the nails.
- Take a bowl of acetone remover and dip the nails in it. This will help to dissolve the glue that binds the fake nails to the natural nails.
- Leave the fingernails until the glue is totally wiped away. This nearly takes 15 – 20 minutes.
- In case the glue is not removed properly, try once again by soaking the nails in acetone remover filled bowl or wipe with orange wood stick.
- Now wash the hands with water so that the nails will become neat without any traces of remover or petroleum jelly.
- If you still find glue, remove it by using nail buffer.
- With a clean towel dry the hands. Take some olive oil and massage the nails. You can even use moisturizer instead.
- Apply any of these above mentioned and massage the nails and nail beds for about 5 minutes. This avoids dryness of the fingers. Dryness can damage your natural nails.
Hope this article on how to remove fake nails would be really helpful to you. Happy Nail Art!!!!!