Back Acne Treatment
Back acne can be very irritating and embarrassing that afflicts both young and old. Most of them feel helpless when they come to outfits as they love wearing backless tops, blouse and dresses. You may be one of them among those. Don’t worry… Here is the article on back acne treatment that can be helpful to you in getting rid of this frustrated condition. Among the various back acne treatments given here, choose the best one and try out.
Back Acne Treatment
- If you are having chronic back acne, then oral medication can be the right option.
- Antibiotics work the best on any type of acne. One of such antibiotics is Accutane and this is very fast acting and strong medication. There may be side effects too, be it any medication.
- Therefore you need to always consult a doctor before going for oral medications.
- Topical treatments work well for mild to moderate acne. There are even over the counter topical medications available that work very well on back acne.
- The doctor prescribes topical medication with retinoids and antibiotics in case of severe back acne. Retinoids fight against the bacteria responsible for acne and even helps to clear the pores, therefore reducing the incidence of inflammation, whiteheads and blackheads.
- Another option is topical tetracycline, effective against inflammation.
Holistic and Natural Treatments
- These treatments help the body to regain its health back so that acne doesn’t develop again. They include healthy, balanced diet and regular exercises.
- Natural treatments include home remedies and herbal supplements. Certain effective herbs include Yellow dock and Burdock rood.
- These holistic and natural treatments may not provide quick results like other treatment methods.
Back Acne Treatment – Home Remedies
Apple Cider Vinegar – Dilute cider vinegar with water in 1:3 ratios and this can be directly applied on the affected area using a cotton swab. This is effective in destroying the bacteria and bringing the back to its normal acidity levels. Another option is taking ¼ cup orally, 2 – 3 times a day. This helps in eliminating the body toxins therefore reducing acne production.
Honey – Pure honey mixed with yogurt can be directly applied on the affected back. Honey has the property of reducing oiliness in the skin and thus fights infection. It even heals scars formed due to acne.
Aloe Vera –Aloe vera gel can be directly applied on the skin and this helps in healing the swelling and redness. This gel also heals scars and reduces oiliness or dryness in the skin. Pure aloe vera gel should be used.
There are quite a handful options in back acne treatment. It is better to go for one with less side effects. Among the treatments, home remedies would be the best as they have no side effects and cost less. In addition to these remedies, make it a point to drink at least 8 glasses of water.