Benefits of Water
Water is perhaps the ultimate health drink. It is essential to consume your daily quota of water to avoid constipation, piles and other ailments. In hot and humid weather, you just cannot do without drinking plenty of water to rehydrate yourself and keep up your energy levels. Read on to know more about the many other benefits of water.
Benefits of Water
- Bodily fluids help in creating saliva, circulation, digestion, absorption, transport of nutrients and in maintaining body temperature. Drinking water aids in balancing body fluids properly.
- Drink plenty of water to lose weight. Also, consume water-rich foods such as beans, oatmeal, broth-based soups, vegetables and fruits.
- Dehydration can cause muscle fatigue due to lack of adequate electrolytes and fluids. So it is important for athletes and others who exercise to drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration. Water also regulates body temperature and fuels muscles, thereby raising the energy levels of the athlete.
- Another benefit of water is it can improve your looks by preventing skin from becoming wrinkled and dry, which can be caused by dehydration. Water makes the skin more elastic and moisturizes it by replenishing tissues.
- Water helps the kidneys to excrete waste products. There is a simple test to check whether you are drinking enough water every day. Just check the color of the urine you pass out. It should be light in color and odorless. If it is yellow and has an odor, it means you need to drink more water.
- Drinking plenty of water softens the stools and eases bowel movements. This helps to prevent constipation and piles.
More Benefits of Water
- Dehydration can cause back pain and headache. Drink water as a remedy.
- At work, drink plenty of water to raise your levels of concentration, alertness and thinking.
- Water lubricates your muscles and joints so you are less likely to suffer sprains and cramps.
- Drinking water boosts immunity and helps to prevent heart attack, kidney stones and flu. Drink lemon water to treat arthritis, rheumatism, intestinal problems and respiratory disease.
- When you drink enough water, your body starts to feel good which can automatically make you happier and bubbly.
- Research reveals that drinking healthy amounts of water reduces the risk of colon cancer and bladder cancer as water makes urine harmless by reducing the concentration of cancer-causing agents it contains.
We hope the numerous benefits of water mentioned in this article will motivate you to drink more of it every day. Stay away from sugary drinks and sodas and drink only boiled or filtered pure water to maintain good health and vigor.