Eat Chocolate and Burn Those Extra Calories
Eat chocolate and reduce your body weight. Now, I am sure you must be thinking that I am out of my mind to tell you eat chocolate for burning calories. Obviously, the more chocolate you eat, the more calories you tend to acquire and the more weight you tend to put on, right? Not entirely true!! You can definitely lose weight and fat if you eat the right kind of chocolate. It is true that the chocolate you would normally get in the confectionery shops does contain sugar which adds calories. However, dark chocolates which are not rich in sugar are healthy in many ways.
After major studies and scientific research, scientists and doctors claim that dark chocolates can significantly contribute in not only reducing fat and weight, but they also help in improving heart’s health and improving insulin sensitivity in diabetics. Let us see how what makes dark chocolate special and how it can help in losing fat and weight.
Dark chocolate for weight loss
Here are the reasons why dark chocolates help in losing weight instead of contributing to your calorie count and increasing your body weight.
- Overeating most of the times can be associated with boredom or some kind of mental depression. The problem is, the more you eat, the more you tend to get depressed and the more you put on fat and calories. Dark chocolate has anti-depressant neurotransmitters such as serotonin, dopamine and tryptophan which reduce the risk of depression as well as suppress the appetite. Cocoa also contains anandamide, often referred to as a bliss chemical”. This chemical has the ability to uplift your mood providing it pleasure and motivation.
Hence, if you want to reduce food cravings due to depression, bite in a piece of dark chocolate. That should do the trick by keeping your mind excited and reduce your calorie intake.
- Cocoa contains fiber and this fiber helps in reducing fat absorption to a certain extent. It also gives you a sense of fullness hence making you eat less of anything else. This automatically reduces your calorie intake and helps you in shedding weight.
- According to research, cocoa based food products and dark chocolates help in stabilizing blood sugar levels. The chemicals in these products help in proper glucose metabolism as well as increase insulin sensitivity. This means that the sugar in your blood is utilized properly without being converted to fat. Naturally, this reduces the deposition of fat in your body.
- After eating a bitter dark chocolate, you feel like eating something sweet, right? Wrong!! Interestingly, eating some dark chocolate reduces your desire of eating sweets for a long time. Naturally, the lesser you eat sweets, the lesser your calorie intake will be and lesser weight you put on.
- Cocoa has theobromine, a chemical alkaloid which is associated with increased energy and most importantly weight loss. Studies have shown that people who consume cocoa-based food products or dark chocolate tend to stay energetic and still lose weight due to this chemical.
- Cocoa contains flavonoids such as epicatechin. These flavonoids help in preventing the accumulation of cholesterol in blood vessels and reduce the risk of blood clots in blood vessels which lead to clogged arteries. Hence, cocoa also helps in maintaining overall good health.
After reading these facts about dark chocolates and cocoa, I am sure you understand how chocolates can help in reducing your body weight. However, remember that not all chocolates help in shedding body weight. If you want to shed your body weight, then it is the dark chocolate which is rich in cocoa you need to buy. So enjoy a bar of chocolate, and burn those calories away.