Zumba Dance Workout – The Secret of Losing Weight and Health Benefits..!!!
Workout seems to be a boring activity for a few people. You might be going to fitness classes or gym or working out on your own by the instructions of your doctor. This seems you are performing exercises on account of compulsion. The success rate of results of doing exercise increases when you perform it with your interest. Zumba dance successfully meets this criterion.
Zumba dance is more a fun activity than a physical workout. You enjoy dance and simultaneously work for your body. Zumba dance workout has become very popular recently. The main reason for its popularity is its ability to lose weight. This article talks about the secret of losing weight by Zumba dance and its other health benefits.
Zumba dance has become a rage among people and has revolutionized the cardio workout industry. This dance cum workout activity has now become a certified “Dance workout craze”. This fun activity has involved millions of individuals including some popular Hollywood celebrities.
History of Zumba Dance
- Zumba dance came into existence in Columbia in the year 1990.
- Alberto Perez, a choreographer by profession is credited for Zumba dance and fitness program discovery.
- Alberto Perlman is the person who popularized this concept through dance classes. His concept incorporated a fun component in exercise by combining dance with Latin music and International music.
- In earlier days, this program was designed especially for women, but these classes became popular in 2001 when Perez joined hands with Alberto Aghion and Alberto Perlman. Thus, a brand was formed and this program came to be offered on an international level.
The basis of Zumba dance is the “Music”. The score, initiated with specific beats and tempo changes, simplifies workout transitions from toning, strengthening or cardio move to another. These movements based on music targets every major muscle group in the body.
The Zumba dance form consists of various styles such as Flamenco, cha-cha-cha, Cumbia, belly dancing, merengue, Bhangra, tango, Reggaeton, hip-hop and samba. There are different kinds of Zumba classes which are offered in the health clubs, country clubs, gyms and senior citizen centers. Some of the types of Zumba dance classes are as follows:
- Zumba – It is the most conventional type of Zumba dance fitness program which involves rhythms like samba, salsa, waltz, foxtrot, belly dance, tango, merengue and reggaeton.
- Zumba Gold – This program is suitable for adults and deconditioned participants. This type takes into account the physiological, anatomical and psychological concerns of people of this group.
- Zumba Toning – This program involves body-sculpting techniques with Zumba moves. This program targets strength training and calorie burning.
- Aqua Zumba – This dance activity is similar to water aerobics which can be done by people of all age groups. This is a combination of Zumba techniques with aqua fitness.
- Zumbatomic – This is the first Zumba activity for children in the age group of 4 to 12 years. It is based on urban dance styles like hip hop, reggaeton and pop with fundamental concepts such as discipline, coordination, confidence and team work.
Zumba dance workout is safe for a range of ages and fitness levels as the steps can be modified. The important things needed for this workout is good cross trainers and a good pair of dance shoes.
Zumba Dance Benefits
The following are some of the top benefits of Zumba dance:
- Muscle toning – Zumba dance provides a total body workout, including the arms and legs. Lovers of this dance relate Zumba with toned abs. Some Zumba dance moves are an excellent way to work the core abdominal muscles, which results in a reduced risk of back pain and firm up the abdominal muscles.
- Loss of weight – This dance is an effective calorie burning activity and a heart pumping aerobic workout. These properties make it an effective workout for weight loss. Doing this activity for an hour can make you burn 450 to 600 calories.
- Stress buster – Zumba dance workout helps in relieving stress. The energetic movements of this activity not only aids in mood changing endorphins, but also helps to forget your worries when you devote yourself to the music and the movements.
- Lowers Blood Pressure– Zumba dance workout helps in reduction of blood pressure.
- Increases bone intensity – This workout helps in lowering the risk of osteoporosis by increasing the bone density.
- Improves body balance – This activity helps in balancing the body.
- Zumba dance also offer the benefits of interval training by making the use of alternating slow and fast sequences to vary the intensity.
- This dance workout is believed to provide sharper minds as learning the new steps of dances contribute to mental exercise.
When Zumba dance workout is combined with healthy diet, this activity works wonder by shedding pounds. You will achieve a rapid weight loss when you follow a healthy low carbohydrate diet. This kind of workout is not all boring and the changing music will keep you motivated.
Zumba is more than a calorie burner or a weight loss workout. People take great pleasure in Zumba for various other reasons. Some people just love to dance and some just love the social connections in the classes. You also might be having your reasons for joining a Zumba dance classes, but it is sure that the pleasure associated with this is same for all.