Top 5 Essential Health Care Tips for Children
Kids of all ages must be given a special education to learn about their health. It’s important that parents help them to learn about healthy habits and living and their importance. The top 5 essential health care tips for children which you can follow to ensure healthy living for your children are discussed in this article.
Top 5 Essential Health care tips for children
1. Healthy breakfast: Insist on serving the breakfast for your kids which must be heavy and well balanced. Since it is the most important and essential meal of the day. Thus, you should include most of the essential supplements that your kid needs for the day. Some of the essential supplements are listed below.
- Calcium rich foods: Include calcium rich foods such as milk, soy milk, yogurt, etc in your child’s diet as they help in bone development. Deficiency of calcium can lead to weakness in knock knees, bones, sleep disorders, etc.
- Protein rich foods: Include protein rich foods such as eggs, chicken, etc in your child’s diet as they help in muscle growth. However, the protein intake must be in required quantity, because excess intake of protein can cause kidney problems.
- Whole grains and green vegetables: Include lots of whole grains and green vegetables in your child’s diet. They help build stronger immune system and blood vessels and lowers the risk of falling prey to diseases and infections.
- Iron rich foods: Include iron rich foods (all green leafy vegetables) in your child’s diet as it the main component of blood. Deficiency of iron leads to anemia which can cause other health problems and illness which is very common among kids.
2. Exercises and activities: Include daily outdoor activities and exercises and minimize the time for television and video games. This helps to keep your child’s body fit and at the same time reduces the risk of obesity. Outdoor activities and exercise are essential as they help in mental growth of kids, build muscles and keep them fit.
3. Avoid soft drinks and sodas: It is better to avoid these drinks as they contain small amounts of caffeine and kids may get addicted to it.
4. Good hygiene: In addition to healthy food habits, kids need to learn about good hygiene and ensure that they make it a habit. A good hygiene includes washing hands with soap and water after using restrooms, after coming from outside, before and after a meal, avoid touching the public restrooms and use sanitizer after using pubic restrooms, etc.
5. Proper night’s sleep: This is very essential and a growing kid must have at least 9 hours of sleep daily. Lack of sleep causes lethargy, irritability, and disorientation in kids causing them lag behind in their performance.
The above listed are the top 5 essential health care tips for children which parents can take care to prevent illnesses, disorders and encourage healthy living for their kids.