Top 35 Problems of Menopause
Menopause is a natural phenomena which occurs with every normal female after the age of late 40s or early 50s. This is the process of transition from a reproductive phase to a non-reproductive phase. This causes a severe disruption with their daily activities and the sense of well-being The following symptoms were observed in hundreds of women during pre-menopause and menopause. All the following symptoms have resulted due to hormonal imbalances in the body. Most of the symptoms are related to signs appearing on the skin.
- Night sweats or cold flashes, hot flashes or a sudden clammy feeling –
This occurs due to the declining level of estrogen hormone in the body.
- Irregular heart beat
- Mood swings, irritability and sudden tears
- Incomplete sleep at night (trouble sleeping)
- Dry vagina and loss of libido –
Increased dryness in the vagina can make intercourse very painful. This occurs due to loss of the hormones. The feeling is same as that of before puberty. Sex can be very repulsive during menopause.
- Anxiety, depression
Anxiety and depression are purely hormone-based effects.
- Crashing fatigue and feeling ill at ease
- Doom feeling
Thoughts of death, visualizing someone’s death are a common feeling during pre and menopausal period.
- Mental confusion and difficulty in concentrating
- Memory loss (memory lapses)
- Dry, itchy and crawly skin –
Besides dry, scaly and itchy skin, there is a constant feeling of ants crawling under the skin.
- Breast tenderness
- Aching joints, muscles and tendons –
The smooth muscle is lost due to the action of the hormones and stress over body. Certain aging health problems might be the cause like – carpal tunnel syndrome etc.
- Increased or decreased headache
- Indigestion, gastrointestinal distress, gas pain, flatulence, nausea
- Exacerbation of conditions
- Increased sensitivity to allergies
- Sudden gain in weight –
Sudden weight gain is observed around the thighs and waist. The waistline tends to disappear gradually.
- Increased facial hair, decrease or thinning of on the head or pubic region (also body hair)
- Loss of balance, light-headedness or feeling of dizziness
- Change in the body color
- Feeling of electric shocks under skin and head, tingling sensation in the extremities –
It feels as if a rubber band is snapping between the layer of the skin and muscles. It occurs before the hot flashes. Tingling sensation is a sign of deficiency of Vitamin B12. This can also occur in diabetes, fluctuation in the amount of potassium or calcium in the body, alterations in the blood vessels flexibility.
- Bleeding in gums, burning roof of mouth, burning tongue
- Change in mouth taste, breath odor
- Soft, cracking, brittle finger nails
- Ringing sensation in ears (buzzing or whooshing sensation) –
This sign is observed in woman, often associated with some health conditions like – heart disease and hypothyroidism.