Tips To Heal Foot Pain
Feet in the human beings are subject to the most physical stress and pressure when compared to all the other limbs in the body. This is because your feet have to endure the whole body weight upon them.
Be it running, exercising or playing sports, the amount of pressure laid upon the feet by each activity is humongous and can render the tendons and muscles in the foot vulnerable to injuries. The pain caused by foot injuries can be seriously distracting and difficult to bear.
But, there are a few tips to heal foot pain.
Common Foot Injuries: Let us look at some of the most common foot injuries a foot develops that leads to pain.
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Heel Spurs
- Severes Disease
- Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
- Achilles Tendinitis
All the above mentioned foot disorders lead to either a muscle/tissue/nerve damage and cause severe inflammation in the foot. The aching pain caused in the foot due to the above disorders can be intolerable and can affect your routines pretty severely.
Tips To Heal Foot Pain: The best cure to any disease is to know the cause of the pain. The same applies to foot pain. Knowing the root cause of the pain is the best way to heal the pain. Let us look at a few tips.
- First and foremost, see your family doctor or a general practitioner (GP) and explain your case to him. Based on the intensity of your pain, your GP may refer you to a podiatrist (a specialist in feet pains and therapy) if necessary. A podiatrist would help in diagnosing the pain’s cause and suggest the suitable medication or recovery program aptly.
- Another easy way to alleviate foot pain is an ice massage. Applying ice over the pain affected area would take care of the foot swelling which in turn would reduce the pressure that is the actual cause of the foot pain. Ice massages tend to work effectively in case the pain is related to a joint or the muscle.
- Taking appropriate anti-inflammatory medicines will also help alleviate the swelling a foot develops, automatically having an affect on the pain.
- Another very effective way of treating pain at the bottom of your foot is by using a tennis ball. Running the foot back and forth over a tennis ball would massage the muscles at the bottom of the foot and help alleviate cramps.
- Stretching your feet and toes would also help relax your feet muscles and help prevent any pinched nerves and cramps.
The above tips to heal foot pain are very affective and can help relieve you of your foot pain to a large extent. Any excessive persistent pain though should have to be taken care of by a podiatrist.