Chronic Sinusitis – Prevention and Home Remedies for Chronic Sinusitis
Sinusitis is the inflammation of nasal sinuses and is a result of bacterial or viral infection. It can also be a result of allergic reactions or response to certain environmental allergens. When a person suffers from sinusitis over three to four weeks, then it is called chronic sinusitis.
Prevention of Chronic Sinusitis
Some of the simple ways to prevent chronic sinusitis include:
- Reduce exposure to allergens.
- Sleep with the head of the bed elevated as this promotes sinus drainage.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Use decongestants with caution.
- When you suffer from cold, use a humidifier at home or in the office.
- Avoid the exposure to pollutants like smoke that irritates your nose when suffering from cold.
- Improve the ventilation by opening the windows whenever possible.
- Exercise regularly.
- Minimize the exposure to persons with infections.
Home Remedies for Chronic Sinusitis
Some of the common home remedies include:
- Fenugreek: These seeds are put in 250 ml of water and this content is boiled. Drink four cups of this mixture as this helps the body to perspire and remove the toxic substances.
- Mango: This fruit is rich in vitamin A and is very useful in this disease.
- Onion and Garlic: The use of this pungent stuff is very beneficial for sinus problem and can be used in your regular meals.
- Cumin Seeds: When cumin seeds are tied in a thin cloth and inhaled, this gives a lot of relief.Cumin seeds and pure honey can be taken for sinus relief.
- Vitamin A and C: Diet rich in Vitamin A and C and sources of these vitamins include egg yolk, yogurt, leafy vegetables, mangoes, papaya and tomatoes.
- Vegetable Juices: Carrot juice can be taken along with cucumber and beet juice. Spinach juice can also be taken. This is very beneficial for sinusitis.
- Mustard seeds: Boil teaspoon of mustard seeds in a glass of water and put 3 – 4 drops to the nose.
- Fruits: Eat fruits that are rich in vitamin C like oranges. Sweet grape is also good.
- Cinnamon: Thia is helpful in curing sinusitis because 1 to 2 teaspoon of this powder and apply this over the forehead and over the nose. This is very soothing for people suffering from sinusitis.