Bad Breath – Prevention of Bad Breath
Bad breath can be very embarrassing and can cause anxiety. It is the bad smell that is given out of the mouth as a result of many illness like diabetes or some of the foods and certain habits can cause bad breath. This can be improved by simple self-care techniques. We can prevent this disorder by following certain changes in our daily lifestyle.
Prevention of Bad Breath
Some of the simple ways to prevent this disorder is :
- Practice good oral hygiene by brushing the teeth twice daily.
- Replace the old tooth brush every two to three months.
- Use floss or any cleaners to remove the particles and plaque that is found in between the teeth.
- Dentures should be removed at nights and cleaned thoroughly before keeping it back into the mouth.
- Visit your dentist regularly at least twice a year.
- Stop smoking and chewing tobacco products.
- Drink plenty of water as this keeps your mouth moist.
- Sucking on a candy or chewing gum which is sugar free helps to wash away the food particles and bacteria
- If you feel that consuming certain foods may be the cause for bad breath,then record those foods and discuss with your dentist.
- There are certain medications also that can cause bad breath, bring this to the notice of your dentist,if you are on any medications.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeinated products.
- Snacking on vegetables like carrots and raw celery can reduce the plaque formation.
- Brush your teeth and rinse your mouth after meals to remove the food particles from the mouth.
- Avoid the use of breath mints and mouthwashes as they contain alcohol and these can worsen the condition of the teeth.
If you follow these simple ways, then you can prevent the formation of plaque and other bacterial infections which results in good oral hygiene. This in turn helps in reducing the bed breath.