Bad Breath – Home Remedies for Bad Breath
Bad breath is mainly caused by odor producing bacteria from the mouth. There are many foods like onion and garlic that are responsible for bad breath.This happens mainly when bacteria gets collected over the food particles in the mouth. Bad breath begins in the mouth, from the surface of the tongue and some times below the surface of the gums. Here are many home remedies that can be done to reduce bad breath.
Home Remedies for Bad Breath
Here are some of the simple home remedies.They include:
- Brushing teeth after every meal can reduce bad breath.
- Drinking a hot cup of unsweetened tea every day.
- Chew mint leaves as this will freshen up the breath.
- Gargle your mouth with baking soda that is dissolved in warm water as this can be used for cleaning the tongue.
- After having your meals, chew sunflower seeds and drink a glass of water.
- Continuously eating yogurt for six weeks, removes bad breath completely.
- A good tea made of fenugreek seeds is a very good natural remedy.
- After every meal, chew one clove as this deals with bad breath.
- Squeeze lemon in a glass of water and gargle this frequently.
- If you drink pineapple juice, this will soon vanish the foul smell from the mouth.
- Eat apples daily as this removes the bacteria and cleans the mouth which results in reducing the bad breath.
- Cardamom seeds acts as a breath freshener.
- Eat parsley to reduce the bad breath.
- Increase the foods that are rich in zinc as this prevents bad breath.
- Snack on crunchy fruits and vegetables as these can remove food,bacteria and plaque from the teeth.
- Use herbs to freshen your breath.
- Avoid mouth washes with alcohol as these can dry the moth and increases bad breath.
- Get help for managing stress and try to do certain relaxation techniques.
- Lastly, use hydrogen peroxide before brushing.