Bags Under Eyes – Treatment of Bags Under Eyes
Bags under eyes start as a very small problem, but later it becomes a visible pillow of puffiness and if left untreated can become a full-blown bag.
Bags under eyes are a minor problem which is of cosmetic concern and does not require any particular treatment. Depending on the severity of the swelling, certain treatments are available for the under-eye swelling. The various treatments include:
Skin interventions are done to treat wrinkles, like chemical peels and laser resurfacing. This improves the skin tone and tightens the skin. This can lessen the under-eye swelling and improves the skin discoloration.
The surgery done is blepharoplasty is one of the options to remove bags under eyes. In this surgery, the surgeon cuts just below the eye-lash, inside the lower lid or the eye’s natural crease. The surgeon removes the sagging skin and the excessive fat. After the initial incision is made, the lower lids natural crease is sutured. Blepharoplasty can also repair:
- Excess skin on lower eyelids
- Excess skin of the upper eyelid interferes with the vision
- Droopy lower eyelids
- Baggy or puffy upper eyelids
- Prevention of under eye Bags
Here are some of the tips to prevent under eye bags. They include:
- Avoid Drinks: Never drink alcoholic beverages at bedtime or limit the amount of drinking. Avoid drinking fluids before bedtime as this can cause fluid retention and can settle in the eyes during sleep in the night.
- Raise the Bed: Elevate the head end of the bed as this can prevent bags under eyes. When the head end is elevated, the fluid does not get collected in the eyes. Six inch wooden blocks can be placed under the head end.
- Avoid wrinkle creams: Some of the creams that are used for wrinkle reduction can cause puffy eyes. Use creams that can remove dark circles and under eye bags.
- Skip the feather comforter: Use pillows that are filled with cotton or synthetic material, because if you have a feather comforter, then some people are allergic to feathers.
- Avoid salty foods: Foods with lots of salt contribute to puffy and swollen eyes. Try to avoid foods that contain salts, especially stay away from salty foods in the night while having dinner.