What is meant by Chronic Pelvic Pain?
Where is the Pelvic region located?
There are a lot of people who experience an immense amount of pain in the pelvic region. The Region between the belly button and the hips is generally said to be the pelvic region. The pain caused in the pelvic region is not specified to a single point. The pain of the pelvic region rather spreads in the entire area.
Is there any root cause for Chronic Pelvic Pain?
The chronic pelvic pain is can be caused as a symptom of another disease. The root causes for chronic pelvic pain can be hard to find. A specific diagnosis for the cause of pelvic pain can be hard to be figured out. Even if the proper reasons for the pelvic pain are not provided, the chronic pelvic pain is definitely treatable.
In case the causes of the pelvic pain are found, the treatment focuses on the causes and the ways to eliminate them. But, when it is hard to find the causes of the chronic pelvic pain the treatment focuses on managing the severity of the pain an individual is experiencing.
Here are some of the symptoms or characteristics of Chronic Pelvic Pain:
Some of the symptoms of chronic pelvic pain can be outlined as follows:
- Pressure or heaviness deep within your pelvis
- Sharp pains or cramping.
- Dull aching.
- Pain that comes and goes (intermittent).
- Severe and steady pain.
- Pain when you sit down.
- Pain while having a bowel movement.
- Pain during intercourse.
What are the causes for the Chronic Pelvic Pain?
The chronic pelvic pain can be caused due to many factors, some of the causes of the chronic pelvic pain can be outlined as follows:
- Psychological factors.
- Interstitial cystitis.
- Irritable bowel syndrome.
- Tension in your pelvic floor muscles.
- Chronic pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Ovarian remnant.
- Pelvic congestion syndrome.
When Does one see a Doctor?
- In case the symptoms of the chronic pelvic pain are getting worse day by day.
- When the pain caused in the pelvic region is disrupting the normal activities.