Hypothyroidism – Treatment and Home Remedies for Hypothyroidism
Hypothyroidism is a medical disorder in which there is a deficiency in thyroid hormone production. This condition happens due to lack of stimulation of thyroid gland by the pituitary gland or any disorder in thyroid gland. Usually thyroid hormone performs the body functions like heat production, growth, fertility and regulates the immune system. But if there is deficiency in this hormone, these functions are effected. Hypothyroidism is more common in women than in men and affects mostly the women of age 35 to 60.The treatment and home remedies for hypothyroidism are discussed below.
Hypothyroidism can be treated through thyroid hormone supplementation. The doctor suggests the required supplements to the affected patient. These supplements provide the necessary hormone to the body. The supplements may be the synthetic prepared hormones or natural hormones prepared from the thyroid glands of animals. They are very efficient and have an immediate effect on the body. These supplements should be taken life long to to control the condition.
In some cases, therapeutic treatment becomes necessary. But not all people can tolerate to therapy. Older people who also have other disease conditions cannot tolerate to the treatment. Even postmenopausal women are also at greater risk of bone loss.
Home Remedies for Hypothyroidism
Listed below are few home remedies for hypothyroidism:
- Intake foods that are rich in vitamin A like green leafy vegetables, carrots, eggs and yellow vegetables.
- Take a low calorie diet. Do not take alcoholic drinks, sweets, biscuits and cakes.
- Take foods that contain iron, manganese, terbium, copper, zinc and calcium as they are very useful elements for the good health of thyroid gland.
- Primrose oil is also very effective home remedy. It restores the thyroid gland functioning.
- Consume lots of water and other energy fluids.
- Take whole meat products and potatoes in excess.
- Avoid getting tired through physical exercises and lessen the emotional stress.