The Name is Bond… James Bond- Interesting Facts!
If there is one fictional character that has caught the whole world by surprise for almost over four decades and still continues to do so, it has to be Mr. Bond. Love him, hate him but you just can’t ignore this charismatic Secret Service Agent. Let us know some fascinating facts about James Bond.
Some cool facts about the coolest spy
- James Bond was created by Ian Fleming in January 1952.
- Goldeneye happens to be the name of Fleming’s Jamaican estate where he wrote the first Bond novel.
- Bond was named after the American ornithologist and a bird expert, James Bond.
- Bond was born to a Scotsman, Andrew Bond and Swiss mother, Monique Delacroix (As mentioned in the book On Her Majesty’s Secret Service)
- The first actor to enact James Bond on the big screen was Sean Connery in Dr. No.
- In all, six actors have donned the role of 007: Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig.
- James Bond used to be a smoker but quits in the 1980s movies. In the first Roger Moore movie, Bond smokes cigar.
- Bond’s code “007” was inspired by the bus route that runs from Canterbury to London and was taken by Fleming.
- Only in the novel “You Only Live Twice” Bond’s code is “7777” (Of course,temporarily)
- Bond’s favorite food is scrambled eggs and coffee, same as Flemings.
- Bond was born in Germany, grew up in England and Scotland but considers himself as Scottish.
- James Bond was supposedly born on 11th November 1920, making him a Scorpio. (Although, this is still debatable)
- Bond likes his martini “shaken, not stirred” which according to some connoisseurs is a faux pas. The first time the line “shaken, not stirred” appeared was in the novel “Diamonds Are Forever” in 1956. And Sean Connery utters them for the first time in Dr. No, though he says, “Shaken and not stirred.”
- Interestingly Fleming preferred his martini shaken as he thought that stirring it would diminish the flavor.
- The first Bond Theme music was composed by Monty Norman. Later many composers did the honors including Duran Duran, Madonna, Sheryl Crow, Aha, Bono etc.
- The total box office takings for the last 22 Bond films is $11,686,214,000.
- James Bond’s cars includes the Aston Martin DB5, V12 Vanquish, Lotus Espirit, BMW Z8, BMW Z3, BMW 750iL.
- James Bond is known for his sleek weapons. The list includes: Beretta 418.25 calibre, German-made Walther PPK, Walther P99,