Migraine Treatment, Prevention and Home Remedies
Migraine is a type of headache that is caused by the enlargement of blood vessels. This causes the chemicals to release from the fibers that accumulate around the arteries of the brain. This enlargement of the blood vessels causes inflammation and severe pain.
Treatment of Migraine
Migraine is a condition that doesn’t have a cure by it can be certainly be examined by a specialist. This problem is so common that it doesn’t necessary have to be examined by a doctor. In case if the prescription given by the specialist doesn’t work and the attacks are frequent then it is advisable to consult a specialist. Some people may opt for therapies like acupuncture, yoga and meditation to relieve the pain. Since every person’s body metabolism is different from the other, certain medicines may not work for everyone.
Every person’s body mechanism learns to cope with changing conditions. Since diet also plays an important role in causing migraine, the diet has to be checked properly. If certain type of foods are causing this problem, then it should be removed from the menu.
Prevention of Migraine
A person can prevent migraine by taking proper rest in a room that is quiet and dark. If the pain is severe the person can either pour warm or cold water on the head which would relieve the pain or take a cup of tea. It has been observed that if the patient takes all the measures to prevent the pain, it reduces faster. Migraine can also be prevented by taking anti-inflammatory medicines and paracetamol which are not steroids in nature and safe.
Home Remedies for Migraine
- Primerose oil prevents the blood vessels from contracting, it is an anti-inflammatory agent.
- Mineral formula and multivitamins help in keeping the necessary nutrients in the body. The should be included daily in our diet.
- Garlic is a natural detoxifier.
- Rutin helps in removing the toxics from the body that cause migraine.
- Cordyceps is a natural herb that helps in reducing stress and anxiety that causes migraine. It also helps in getting a sound sleep.