Do you know what elbow pain is? How about the causes of elbow pain? You should know about these issues since you may suffer from elbow pain.
Through this article, we will answer these questions by providing the answer which might be useful for you and your loved ones.
The structures of this article are as follows:
- Definition of Elbow Pain
- Causes of Elbow Pain
Hopefully, you will acquire valuable information about elbow pain from this article.
We wish you a happy learning about elbow pain!
Definition of Elbow Pain
What is elbow pain? When you feel pain in your elbow that happens not due to a traumatic injury, it menas you suffer from elbow pain. Elbow overuse and minor muscle strain are also considered as elbow pain.
Elbow disorder might happen because of many different conditions affecting your joint or the surrounding tissues or muscles. Swelling might occur from inflammation of bursa (lubricating sacs) placed in between certain tissues.
Generally, elbow pain is a common complaint in the medical world. In most cases, elbow pain is not a serious and usually it originates from the tendons or muscles around elbow area, as a result of injury or overuse.
Elbow pain severity can be defined as follows:
- Mild pain (1 to 3): Your pain does not affect your daily/normal activities
- Moderate pain (4 to 7): Your pain affects your daily/normal activities, i.e., house chores, work, or school). You may be awakening from your sleep because of the pain.
- Severe pain (8 to 10): You feel an excrucriating pain that makes you unable to perform normal activities, such as holding a plate of food.
Causes of Elbow Pain
What are the causes of elbow pain?
Here are the lists of elbow pain causes:
- Muscle strain
- Olecranon bursitis
- Golfer’s elbow (medial epicondylitis)
- Tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis)
- Contusion, dislocation, fracture
- Cardiac ischemia (rare case)
- Cancer (rare case)
- For young children, they may get partial dislocation (elbow subluxation) from someone who pulls on their straightened arm
In the upcoming article, we will write further about elbow pain, especially signs and symptoms, treatment and other related subjects.
You should consult with your doctor and other health care professionals to get a better knowledge and information about elbow pain.
Kindly bear in mind, this article is not solely intended as the only source of information about elbow pain.