Quick Treatment for Shoulder Pain
Do you know what you should do as a quick treatment for shoulder pain? You should know about this matter since shoulder injury can be triggered by a specific event, i.e., direct hit. Inside this article, we will give you the answer of the question.
This article is written as a part of shoulder pain series. Optimistically, you will derive valuable knowledge by reading this article.
We wish you a happy learning!
Here are the key points:
- Stop all of your activities as soon as possible after you suspect injury in your shoulder.
- Apply ice on the affected area.
- Remember not to put the ice directly onto the skin. Wrap the ice in a towel or put the ice inside an ice bag and then cover it with towel. Afterwards, put it to injured area immediately.
- Keep the ice on the injured area for minimum 20 minutes.
- Repeat this action every two to three hours for the first two or three days.
- In most cases, this will help ease and lessen swelling and pain.
- Immediate care would help to accelerate your healing.
You may take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, such as ibuprofen, aspirin and naproxen. You should remember to follow directions on the package and consume it with food.
- Three days after injury, you can apply moist heat to your injured shoulder through soaked towel or shower.
- Shower or put the towel on the affected area for 20 minutes every three to four hours.
- You will reduce stiffness in your muscles by stretching yor shoulder gently after shower.
AVOID RISKY FACTORS
- Most of shoulder pain patients can return to their normal daily activities as acceptable.
- You should avoid anything that can significantly increases the risk of re-injury or suffer from another shoulder pain.
- Visit your healthcare provider for a better treatment.
In most of shoulder pain cases, the patients increasingly improve after two to three days. Nonetheless, soreness and pain can remain for several weeks depending on your daily activities or levels of injury.
In between your recovery, you should exercise carefully in order to avoid re-injury.
A suitable, gradual and slowly but sure treatment can lessen healing time and helpful to avoid re-injury.
You should consult with your doctor and other health care professionals to get a better knowledge and information about quick treatment for shoulder pain.
Kindly bear in mind, this article is not solely intended as the only source of information about quick treatment for shoulder pain.