Chicken Pox – Prevention and Home Remedies for Chicken Pox
Prevention Chicken Pox
Chicken pox is a very contagious illness that spreads very from person to person. This infection is caused by the varicella virus and the best way to prevent this illness is by vaccine. An infected person can spread the virus from 5 days before the rash develops till all the lesions have crusted. People suffering from this disease should remain at home until all the present lesions get crusted. The other ways of preventing this disorder include:
- People should cover the rashes before leaving the house.
- Wash hands thoroughly after touching the chickenpox rashes.
- Cover your mouth when sneezing or coughing with a handkerchief.
- The chickenpox vaccine called the varivax is found to be very effective.
- Maintain proper hygiene as this the simplest way of fighting any infection.
Home Remedies for Chicken Pox
Some of the simple home remedies include:
- Brown Vinegar: Add ½ cup vinegar to lukewarm bath water as this reduces the irritation.
- Marigold: Add 2 tbsp of marigold flowers and 1 tsp of hazel leaves in one cup of water and keep it overnight. Apply this mixture over the rash and this relieves itching.
- Sandalwood oil: Apply the oil on the rashes till the lesions reduce as this helps prevent the scars from blemishing the skin.
- Honey: Coat the affected area with honey as this relieves the irritation and heals the rash.
- Soup: Carrot and coriander soup can be beneficial in the treatment of chickenpox.
- Neem leaves: Take handful of neem leaves in your bath water as this provides heals the blisters and cures the irritation.
- Vitamin E: Apply vitamin E oil over the rashes as it prevents itching and removes the scars quickly.
- Tea: A tea made of basil, chamomile, marigold and lemon balm. Honey, cinnamon and lemon can be added to this tea. Drink this tea several times a day.
- Take plenty of rest and eat a healthy diet as this helps in the healing process.