Treatment of Shoulder Pain for Sports Person (III)
This article would be our last article about treatment of shoulder pain for sports person. Optimistically, you will acquire valuable knowledge from this article.
We wish you a happy learning!
Things to Ensure the Best Recovery
Step 3: Return to the Game
- After you have completed all the previous stages, now you can start involving yourself in the sport activity again. You should remember to put concern on your shoulders by using them in light exercises.
- Increase the amount of exercises to your shoulders gradually.
- Exercise your shoulders regularly either by barbells, dumbbells, or using your body weight.
- For exercises using your body weight, you can do exercises, such as abdominal crunch, push up, reverse abdominal crunch, squat and lunges.
- Finally, you will be ready to be in a very competitive time again after you have played practice matches with no pain up to four weeks (one month).
How to Avoid Re-Injury
- You should perform a complete/thorough warming up whenever you will start and end your exercise and match. Try to finish it in less than 15 minutes. You should remember to exercise your posterior shoulder too.
- You should perform preventive strengthening exercises for your shoulder at least two times a week.
- You should take enough rest and avoid playing too many matches or games in a very short period to avoid a possibility of another injury.
- You should avoid fatigue plays since they play major role in the incidence of shoulder pain.
You should consult with your doctor and other health care professionals to get a better knowledge and information about the treatment of shoulder pain for sports person.
Kindly bear in mind, this article is not solely intended as the only source of information about the treatment of shoulder pain for sports person.