The Kinds of Exercises for Prevention of Neck Pain
Since neck pain may come from lack of regular exercise, do you know about the kinds of exercises for prevention of neck pain? Your neck is made for a dynamic movement purpose. Hence, knowing about the proper exercises to avoid the possibility of suffering from neck pain would be beneficial for you.
The structures of this article are as follows:
- Suggested Body Position
- Kinds of Exercises
We wish you a happy learning!
Suggested Body Position
You should remember, whatever may cause your neck pain, it is very important to adopt a correct body posture as your daily habit. Whether you are lying, standing, or sitting, you must take conscious effort in a bid to avoid unnecessary strain.
- It would be better for you not to lie on your stomach.
- Be sure to keep your neck in a straight line with your body when you sleep. You can adjust it based on your head position.
- You must perform the correct sitting pose everywhere.
- You should avoid sitting for a long period with both the head and neck turned to one side, for example bent forwards.
- Modify your desk height or your chair to suit you if you need to.
- Move your chin in
- Pull your stomach in
- Do not slouch
- Do not bend forward for long periods
Take catwalk models’ posture as an example.
Kinds of Exercises
It is compulsory to maintain the health of your neck by maintaining the mobility. Remember to keep your neck muscles and joints flexible and strong as well.
Here are the kinds of exercises which might help you to prevent neck pain (you can do this while you are sitting or standing:
- Perform the earlier suggestion about the correct sitting posture.
- Tuck your chin in
- Pull the shoulders slightly back and down
- Gently draw your head backwards
- Keep looking ahead
- Be sure to keep your body posture straight and tall during the exercise
- Move your left ear to your left shoulder
- Change position, do it for 8-10 times
- Move your chin to your chest
- Then lift your chin up and lean your head backwards
- Repeat the movements 8-10 times
- Keep your body in a correct posture
- Move your head to look over your right/left shoulders
- Change position, repeat the movements 8-10 times
- Lift your shoulder towards your ears
- Relax your shoulders down
- Repeat the movements 8 – 10 times
You should consult with your doctor and other health care professionals to get a better knowledge and information about the kinds of exercises for prevention of neck pain.
Kindly bear in mind, this article is not solely intended as the only source of information about the kinds of exercises for prevention of neck pain.