Treatment of Neck Pain
Do you know that keeping yourself active at most times is the finest treatment for neck pain? You should know that your spine is made to stay mobile and not static. If you rest or stay immobile for too long, you will bring trouble to yourself. In this case, neck pain would be the trouble.
As a part of neck pain series, now we provide you with information about treatment of neck pain.
Optimistically, you will acquire beneficial information about treatment of neck pain for you and your loved ones.
Treatment of Neck Pain in General
Keep Yourself Active
- You should exercise regularly. In between your working or spare time, try to move your neck regularly. If you never exercised over a period of time, start it gently.
- You should reduce your rest time or static position to as short as possible.
- You may take paracetamol as your first step in case you need pain relief.
- You may also take anti-inflammatory painkillers, for example acemetacin, aspirin, or ibuprofen to ease the pain.
- Your doctor might suggest stronger painkillers even though the evidence is weak. The example of this kind of drug is codeine.
- Muscle relaxants (i.e., diazepam) might help in specific cases.
- You should keep a good body posture. Keep your shoulders slightly backward. See catwalk models as an example.
- Use pillows which support and keep your neck in a normal/neutral position.
As added information, chiropractic, physiotherapy and osteopathy have shown the ability to help in both short and long-term, especially when combined with other neck pain treatments. You may try acupuncture as an alternative to ease or eliminate neck pain.
In the next article we will write further about quick treatment for neck pain.
You should consult with your doctor and other health care professionals to get a better knowledge and information about treatment of neck pain.
Kindly bear in mind, this article is not solely intended as the only source of information about treatment of neck pain.