Quick Treatment for Neck Pain
Continuing our previous article about treatment for neck pain, now we write article about quick treatment for your pain.
Many cases of neck pain are not a big problem and can be treated with simple treatments. Here are recommendations which might be useful as first aid for your neck pain.
Immediate Action You Can Take
- Stop all activities as soon as you suspect injury in your neck. Apply ice but not directly onto your skin. Put the ice in a sealed bag and cover it with towel. Press the towel gently to the location of injury immediately.
Keep it for minimum 30 minutes and repeat it regularly every two to three hours in the first two or three days.
This step helps to reduce and ease swelling and pain. Immediate care would accelerate your healing.
After three days, you may apply moist heat by soaked towels or shower. Put the towel on your neck for 30 minutes and repeat it regularly every three to four hours.
- Take aspirin, ibuprofen, or other anti-inflammatory painkillers. Follow the directions carefully and take the medication with food.
- You should avoid anything which increases your pain dramatically.
- According to several studies, most neck pain patients are able to return to their normal daily activities within your to six weeks. To accelerate your healing, you should avoid anything which increases your pain.
- In most neck pain cases, the patients improve progressively within two or three days with no further interference. Nonetheless, soreness and pain can continue for several weeks due to levels of injury and your daily activities.
- During your recovery, you should choose type of exercises with minimum risk of re-injury. An appropriate, relaxed and steady treatment will lessen healing period and help avoid re-injury.
Contact for health care provider if:
- Your pain stays the same after seven days
- Seven days of self-care results nothing
- You feel weakness, numbness, or tingling in your arm or hand
- You suffer from neck pain because of fall or injury
- Swollen glands or inflammation in your neck
There is also a possibility of meningitis if your neck feels stiff when you try to move your chin to your chest. In this kind of situation, you should contact a health care provider.
You should consult with your doctor and other health care professionals to get a better knowledge and information about quick treatment for neck pain.
Kindly bear in mind, this article is not solely intended as the only source of information about quick treatment for neck pain.