Chest Pain Education for Patients and Their Families
Do you want to prevent diseases that may cause chest pain? If you do, you need a sufficient knowledge about chest pain so that you can educate your self and your loved ones, i.e., your families.
Then, what should we do if we face another situation, for example one of our family member or yourself already suffer from chest pain?
If you or your one of your family member already suffer from chest pain, you shoud have discussion with your physician or other health care professionals, especially about prevention topics. This discussion would be beneficial to reduce further risk of chest pain.
Prevention would be more important in specific case, such as genetic predisposition to ischaemic heart disease (IHD).
This article is written to give you brief information about chest pain education and the relation with ischaemic heart disease (IHD).
Definition of Ischaemic Heart Diseases (IHD)
Actually, what ischaemic heart disease is? IHD is a heart disease characterized by reduced blood supply (ischaemia) to the sufferer’s heart muscle. This happens usually because of coronary artery disease.
The purpose of chest pain education is to reduce the negative factors of IHD.
Preventive actions are meant to eradicate IHD’s risk factors. The preventive actions are as follows:
- Weight reduction
- Stop smoking
- Treatment of diabetes mellitus and hypertension
- Diet in animal fats
As a part of your physician’s responsibility, he/she should:
- Gives you information about the early IHD treatment effectiveness
- Informs you about the importance to follow your physician’s recommendations
- Identify risk factors of atherosclerosis
- Recommends physical exercice program
- Adminiters psychotheraphy if you prone to social conflicts and/or emotional exertion
- Avoid giving strict limitation to you
- Educate you about how to prevent angina incidents in your daily life
Assessment of Chest Pain Education for the Patient
Your physician will assess you to measure the effectiveness of the education. Here are the assessments:
- Evaluation of your health profile
- Evaluation of your life quality, such as identification of obstacles to an active lifestyle and emotional adjustment
- Evidence of your appropriate behavior
You should consult with your doctor and other health care professionals to get a better knowledge and information about chest pain education.
Kindly bear in mind, this article is not solely intended as the only source of information about chest pain education.