Classification of Chest Pain: Degrees of Intensity
If you are a chest pain patient, do you know about the classification of chest pain according to the degrees of intensity? Although your doctor or other health care professionals would be the one who decide the type of your pain, it would be better for you to have the basic knowledge about classification of chest pain according to the degrees of intensity.
Chest pain complaints are very common cases in the medical world and practice. Nevertheless, this pain creates nervousness to the sufferers and makes the physician always on the alert since it can be a signs of a serious disease.
Even though chest pain is considered as a subjective symptom, chest pain are still have various levels of intensity.
You can read the following classification of chest pain based on the levels of intensity (Professor R. Aghababyan):
- Mild pain
- Chest pain patients are calm
- Pain can be recognized only through physical examination
- Pain happens in short-period of time and transient
- Moderate pain
- Pain is continuing in nature
- Pain has long intervals between incidents
- Chest pain patients seem to be restless
- Sharp pain
- Pain intensity increases constantly
- Pain has frequent recurrence
- Pain has short intervals between incidents
- Sharp pain
- Pain extremely severe
- Intractable has intractable characteristic
- Chest pain patient cannot find a comfortable position
- Chest pain patient seems to be very restless
- Chest pain patient tend to scream
Chest pain causes may come from various conditions. Therefore, a careful and comprehensive medical history is very important in order to get an accurate diagnosis.
You should consult with your doctor and other health care professionals to get a better knowledge and information about classification of chest pain.
Kindly bear in mind, this article is not solely intended as the only source of information about classification of chest pain.