Things You Should Know About Breast Pain (Mastalgia)
There are a lot of rumors related to breast pain; do you know which one is right and which one is not? You better be careful since becoming too worried about the pain (especially if you are a breast pain patient), may add stress which makes your recovery phase not as fast as expectation.
Therefore, there are things you should know about breast pain.
Breast pain can be a nightmare for women and many of them feel worried about the possibility of having breast cancer. You should know that many women have the similar problem. They have breast tenderness and pain. We can call this pain as mastalgia.
Cyclical breast pain
Here are things that you should know about cyclical breast pain:
- Cyclical breast pain is the most usual type of mastalgia
- Cyclical breast pain is closely linked to your menstrual cycle or monthly hormonal changes
- The pain usually happens in both breasts
- The pain may radiate to the armpit and arm
- It is commonly most painful before a menstrual period
- The pain is often relieved when the menstrual period ends
- Occurs more often in younger women
- In most cases, the pain goes away and disappears at menopause phase
Non-cyclical breast pain
Here are things that you should know about non-cyclical breast pain:
- Most of the sufferers are women between 40 to 50 years of age
- The pain may occur in only one breast
- The pain is often described as a sharp and burning pain
- Possibly caused by a cyst or a fibroadenoma
- When the cause of breast pain can be detected, treating the cause might eradicate the pain
Other points to be concerned about
- Breast pain may get worse along with your hormone levels’ changes
- The pain may also get worse due to medications that you take
- Stress can cause breast pain
- Women tend to have breat pain before menopause and not afterwards
The relationship between breast pain and breast cancer
Things that you should know are:
- Breast pain does not always indicate breast cancer
- Breast pain is an unusual symptom of breast cancer
- Sometimes, excruciating lumps are cancerous
In the next article, we will write about things that you can do for your breast pain (mastalgia).
You should consult with your doctor and other health care professionals to get a better knowledge and information about breast pain (Mastalgia).
Kindly bear in mind, this article is not solely intended as the only source of information about breast pain (Mastalgia).