Interview Questions about Your Chronic Daily Headache
If you are a chronic daily headache sufferer, do you know the interview questions that will be asked by your physicians as a part of your assessment? To bear in mind, your description about your head ache and/or head pain will help significantly to diagnose the type of your headache and create the right treatment and management.
As a matter of fact, headache specialists believe about the effectiveness of structured interview to diagnose and determine your headache type.
You may see the examples of the questions which must ensure that all facts of your headache are documented.
List of Questions about Your Headache
- In your life, how many headaches types do you have?
- What was your age when you experience your first headaches?
- In the past six months, how about the progress of your headaches? Are they getting better, stay the same, or getting worse?
- Have you experienced any accident or injury that triggers the onset of your headaches?
- In the past 30 days, how many head pain have you had daily?
- Between the scales 1 to 10, with 10 being severe pain, how intense is your headaches in the past 30 days?
- For the period of 24-hour, how many hours do your headaches last?
- How many days in a week do you consume analgesics to cope with your headaches?
- What kind of medicines, as examples prescription medications, vitamins and over-the-counter analgesics that you consume routinely?
- Monthly, how many analgesics do you consume to treat your headaches?
- To control the pain of your headache, have you consumed more analgesics recently?
- Do you have family members or relatives who suffer with headaches?
- Please describe the quality of your head pain as dull, burning, sharp, stabbing, aching, tight, or pressure.
- Can you tell me the specific location on your head where the pain begins?
- Do your head pains move to another location on your head during your headache?
- What percentages of the headaches are left-sided, right-sided, or diffuse?
- How long does it take the typical headache to reach peak intensity?
- Are your headaches accompanied by loss of consciousness, fainting, confusion, abdominal pain, frequent urination, facial flushing, nasal congestion, dizziness, facial drooping, sound sensitivity, light sensitivity, vomiting and nausea?
- Do your headaches happen on consecutive days?
- What triggers you headaches?
- (For female patients) During your menstruation period, are your headaches get worse?
- Do you have any type of headache evaluations in the past? Which tests were performed? What were the diagnosis results you were given in relation with your headaches?
- What kind of treatments have you tried for your headaches in the past, and which one in the most effective to reduce your pain?
- Before your head pain begins, do you get or feel any warning signs that you will suffer with headache? As examples, do you have difficulty with your speech, changes in your vision and/or numbness in your hands or face?
- What time do you usually go to bed on weekdays and weekends? What time do you arise? Do you experience any difficulty to sleep or staying asleep?
- Do you work irregular times or shifts?
- How much caffeine do you consume every day? Do you drink alcohol, smoke, or use recreational drugs?
Do you exercise regularly?
- If you do, does the exercise worsen your headaches?
- According to you, what causes your headaches?
You should consult with your doctor and other health care professionals to get a better knowledge and information about Chronic Daily Headache Interview Questions.
Kindly bear in mind, this article is not solely intended as the only source of information about Assessment of Chronic Daily Headache Interview Questions.