Gonorrhoea – Treatment, Prevention and Home Remedies for Gonorrhoea
Gonorrhoea is a sexually transmitted disease. It is most common in young adults. It is caused by a bacteria called Neisseria gonorrhoeae that infects anus, genital tracts and mouth. Gonorrhoea is characterized by inflammation of urethra in males and vagina in females that is spread to other parts of the body. It is mostly spread through sexual contact. It can pass from mother to baby during pregnancy. The treatment, prevention and remedies for gonorrhoea are discussed below.
Gonorrhoea treatment for babies
Medications are prescribed for the babies born to mothers with gonorrhoea. They generally develop eye infections and antibiotics are prescibed to treat them.
Gonorrhoea treatment for partners
Your partner should undergo a testing for gonorrhoea even if the symptoms do not occur. The doctor may suggest a medical treatment. Even if you are treated for gonorrhoea, you may be infected if your partner carries the infection.
Gonorrhoea treatment for adults
Doctor may prescribe antibiotics to the adults if they are diagnosed with gonorrhoea. A treatment of a tablet or an injection is suggested.
If gonorrhoea is not treated properly, it may lead to inflammation of prostate gland and testicles. Serious complications arise in case of females. If it is untreated, gonorrhoea blocks fallopian tubes resulting in reduced fertility. It can also lead to condition such as ectopic pregnancy, pelvic discomfort and pain. These serious conditions cannot be repaired.
Prevention of Gonorrhoea
The following steps help to reduce the risk of gonorrhoea and thus preventing it:
- If you have gonorrhoea or any other sexually transmitted diseases in the past, consult a doctor and go for regular gonorrhoea screening.
- Do not have sex with your partner if the other has signs and symptoms of any sexually transmitted disease such as rash on the genitals or burning sensations.
- Ask your partner to go for tests of gonorrhoea or any other sexual disease.
- Abstaining from sex is the best way to prevent gonorrhoea. Use a condom during sexual contact, including vaginal, oral or anal sex.
Home Remedies for Gonorrhoea
Here are some of the remedies that help alleviate the symptoms associated with gonorrhoea:
- Take foods rich in selenium and zinc. These help in boosting up the immune system.
- Herbs such as kelp, myrrh or calendula may be taken internally.
- Applying hot compresses to the pelvic area relieves pain.
- Consume 25 grams of amaranth leaves 3 times a day. This ia a very effective remedy for gonorrhoea.
- Spinach, beetroot and carrot juices are very helpful remedies for gonorrhoea.