Arthritis – Treatment and Natural Remedies of Arthritis
Arthritis is the inflammation of the joints and it includes swelling, pain and stiffness. Joints are the place where two bones meet in any part of the body. Arthritis causes the break down of the cartilage which is responsible for the protection of the joints. There are more than100 different types of arthritis and some of the common types are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and gout. It usually occurs after 60 years of age.
The treatment plan for arthritis include:
Doctor may prescribe the following groups of drugs. They include:
- Non-steroidal drugs
- In case of rheumatoid arthritis,diseases-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs)
- Immuno suppressants which helps to increase the immunity of your body
- TNF-alpha inhibitors will help relieve morning stiffness and reduce pain
If medications fail to prevent joint damage your doctor may advise surgery to repair damaged joints.
Surgical intervention may include the following procedures:
- Total joint replacement (arthoplasty): Surgeon removes the damaged parts of your joint and a prosthesis made of metal or plastic is inserted.
- Tendon repair: Inflamed joints may cause tendons to rupture or loosen. A surgeon may repair the tendons around the joint.
- Removal of the joint lining: This procedure is called synovectomy where the surgeon may remove the lining if the joint synovium.
- Arthrodesis: Fusing a joint surgically to stabilise or realign a joint for relieving pain.
Natural remedies of Arthritis
Potato juice: One cup of raw potato juice should be drunk in the morning on an empty stomach. A potato is cut into thin slices and these slices are placed overnight in a large glass filled with water.
Other raw juices: One cup of juice extracted from any green leafy vegetable mixed equally with carrot, red beet juice and celery and this mixture is taken in the morning.
Sesame seeds: One teaspoon of sesame seeds are soaked in a cup of water overnight and this water should be taken along with seeds early in the morning.
Copper: Drinking water in copper container especially if water is kept overnight is very good for strengthening the muscles.
Garlic: Raw garlic or cooked one is very effective as it contains anti-inflammatory property.
Exercise regularly: Gentle exercise can be of great help for strengthening the muscles and joints but check with your doctor before exercising.
Apply heat or cold compress: In case of severe pain, apply cold or hot compress according to your comfort.
Relax: Reduce stress in your life by coping with pain like deep breathing exercise is a wonderful way to reduce pain.
Take medications or do gentle exercises after consulting your doctor.