Quick Tips to Avoid Sleepiness at Workplace
You try to work, but you are dozing off. There’s work to do, but you simply can’t shake off this sleepy feeling. What do you do? The reason for sleepiness at work can be attributed to lack of sleep. Experts opine that people need 7 to 8 hours on a daily basis. However, if you did not have enough sleep and would like to pep yourself up quickly, here are some tips for you.
- Heavy lunch = sleepiness: If you have a heavy lunch, chances are that you will feel sleepy. Avoid having heavy lunch. Instead have a heavy breakfast and go lighter on the lunch. You can also divide your meals into several smaller meals. So, the next time you like to stay active, avoid having a heavy lunch.
- Take a Walk: If you feel sleepy, get up from your chair and go for a walk for few minutes. Get some fresh air outside.This will keep you from feeling sleepy. Short walks during the course of your work day can help you to be active. You can also take a walk after finishing a particular piece of work.
- Brighten up your work space: Clutter lying around your desk, boring surroundings can make things monotonous and make you feel sleepy. Brighten up your office space by cleaning up your cubicle. Put some good photographs of your friends and family. Placing posters, flowers or any other ideas which can brighten your work place can keep you active.
- Splash your face with cold water: This tip may seem too simple. But, it actually works. Washing your face with water stimulates you and keeps you from feeling sleepy. Even better, you can comb your hair, put on your make up to make yourself feel better.
- Keep your energy levels up: Never skip your breakfast, as this can lower your energy levels and cause sleepiness . Similarly, not drinking enough water can dehydrate you and make you feel tired. To keep your energy levels up, eat some fresh fruits, dates or some healthy snacks. This can help you to stay active and avoid sleepiness.
Apart from the above tips, ensure that you have enough sleep on a daily basis. Make sure that you have a regular sleep pattern – sleeping and getting up at the same time. Added to this, the above tips can help you to overcome sleepiness at the workplace.