Warts – Treatment, Prevention and Remedies
Warts are seen as small and rough blisters on our body parts. These are mostly plantar (found on foot sole) or palmar (found on hands) but can also be seen on other parts. Based on their shape and location of occurrence, these are identified. After identification, the mode of treatment is decide. Clinical treatment of warts is mostly recommended but people also prefer home remedies to treat the warts.
Treatment of Warts
Different methods of treatment and procedures are available to treat warts. A few of these are discussed below. But the major complication lying with the treatment of warts is its tendency of re-growth even after removal.
Clinical Treatment of Warts
The most supported treatment is the usage of salicyclic acid mixtures to treat the warts. But cryotherapy or duct tape may also be considered beneficial in a few cases. Several topical ointments and preparations are advised to cure these warts clinically. Even over-the-counter medicines are available to remove the warts or stop the warts.
The topical mixture advised by your physician either burn or freeze the wart to stop and remove it. Your doctor may also advise you to undergo a procedure. Cryosurgery is the most common name for freezing the wart and then removing it. Chemical method (involving chemicals to burn it or remove it) or surgical procedures (involving cutting the warts ) may be used depending on the severity of condition and preference of the patient and the doctor.
Home Remedies for Warts –
Many people have a strong belief in their home remedies in place of the clinical methods. There are many such remedies that can be used at home to cure warts.
- Take chopped garlic to rub over your wart everyday. After rubbing bandage it. This can be repeated for 7 days. You will soon observe disappearance of your wart.
- Take a cotton ball. Soak it in Vinegar. Cover the wart with the soaked cotton ball for about 2 hours everyday. This will stop your wart effectively.
- Vitamin C can also be used as a very effective home remedy for wart treatment. Use a few tablets of Vitamin C and crush them. Add a little water to them to make a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste to your wart everyday for at least 2 hours. But do not forget to cover the wart with bandage during the procedure. Vitamin C will fight effectively against the virus.
- Some people may also prefer using Apple Cider Vinegar.
Prevention of Warts
The best prevention for any type of skin problem is to stay healthy and live a hygienic life. Avoid sharing other’s articles and never use towels, containers, clothes, soaps, lotions, underwear accessories from others. A vaccine by name Gardasil is invented as a prevention from some of the genital warts. This vaccine has been found effective preventing warts caused by HPV type 6, 11, 16 and 18.