What Are the Various Pros And Cons Of Working Mothers?
Working Mothers Pros:
- Children of working couples tend to become more responsible and more independent compared to those staying home with either of the unemployed parent.
- Lower risk of feeling like you have lost your personal identity.
- You will meet new challenges every day.
- You do not have to put your education, skills or career on hold.
- You will contribute to the household income.
- You are not dependent on anyone.
- Your confidence and self-esteem may be higher than stay-at-home moms.
Working Mothers Cons:
- May feel guilty for leaving your children when you’re at work.
- Maintaining a work/life balance is difficult.
- You are pulled apart by several kinds of pressure.
- You can spend less time with your family.
- You will need to depend on care-givers to care for your child.
- You are not capable of providing direct supervision unless you are allowed to work from home.