Stay-At-Home Dads – What Are The Various Advantages And Disadvantages ?
Every new thing comes with added amounts of advantages and disadvantages associated with it. One may have larger benefits and smaller risks, while the second option may have more complications but less benefits. We always like to go with the ones with the most number of benefits. When we are talking about stay-at-home dads, then we must also discuss the various advantages and disadvantages associated with this concept.
Advantages Of Stay- At- Home Dads –
- For The Child –
The bond between the mother and the child is always considered to be primary. But the bond between the child and his father is also as important. Both bondings are equally necessary in building the social and emotional values in children. Various studies have been carried out in order to know the paternal importance in a child’s life.
- Mothers have always been seen as very reassuring to their babies during any frustrating situation, while a father is seen to always encourage their babies to manage the situations.
- Father’s guidance can implement greater emotional balance, a higher level of curiosity and a stronger sense of self-assurance.
- A father’s role has been found to be more influential than of a mother in a child’s life during his first five years of development.
- Women can always build bonds with their babies despite working outside the home
- Both maternal and paternal influences are equally strong.
- For The Mother –
- With her husbandtaking care of her children, this relieves her from worrying more about them.
- The children do not need to spend more time at a day-care center.
- There are no issues of family values not being taught, and there is no extra money going out to pay for daycare.
- For The Father –
- Men no longer have to struggle making their relationship with their children more advantageous.
- Men can value these relationships more than their income and financial gains.
- Men begin to understand more fully the role of parenting in a child’s life.
Disadvantages of Stay-At-Home Dads –
The concept of house-husbands is not gaining more social support because of various social limitations and limited acceptance in various countries and regions. Traditional and conventional rules never allowed dads to stay at home performing household activities and child rearing.
- Many worry about losing their business skills and expertise.
- They and their families might have to struggle a lot to prove their decision.
- They feel women are not that strong to deal with family responsibilities and financial burdens.
- Bread-winners have always traditionally been the man in the family.