YGoY

Facts And Figures about the Status of Working Women in Our Society

Check out the list mentioned below: To my belief, most women readers would envy these ladies and applaud their success and achievements in life.

  • Carly Fiorina, the former Chairperson, CEO of Hewlett-Packard-Compaq;
  • Condoleezza Rice, the 66th United States Secretary of State;
  • Wu Yi, one of four Vice Premiers of the State Council of the People’s Republic of China;
  • Yulia Tymoshenko, former Prime Minister of Ukraine, (24 Jan’05 – 08 Sep’05);
  • Gloria Arroyo, fourteenth President, Philippines;
  • Margaret Whitman, former President, CEO of eBay, first self-made white female billionaire;
  • Anne Mulcahy, Chairperson and former CEO of Xerox Corporation;
  • Sallie Krawcheck, President of Bank of America’s global wealth and investment-management unit, former CEO of Sanford C. Bernstein & Co., LLC;
  • Brenda Barnes, President, Chairman and CEO of Sara Lee, the first female CEO of PepsiCo;
  • Oprah Winfrey, American television host, producer, and philanthropist, first black female billionaire;
  • Melinda Gates, Co-founder and co-chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, former unit manager for several Microsoft products;

Amazing stats of working women for the year 2008 –

  • 59.5 % of women above 16 years were either working or looking for work in the US.
  • 46.5 % of the total labor force in the US are women. This number is expected to have gone up to 47 % in the year 2016.
  • It is expected that working women will  account for an increase of 49 % in the total labor force between the year 2006-2016.
  • In the US, a total of 68 million women were employed out of which 75 % worked full-time jobs while the remaining 25 % worked in part-time jobs.
  • No. of women working in various divisions of jobs –
    • 39 % – in professional management jobs
    • 33 % – in sales and office occupations
    • 21 % – in service occupations
    • 06 % – in transportation, production and material moving sector
    • 01 % – construction, maintenance and natural resources sector
  • List of most prevalent job occupations for women –
    • Secretaries, administrative assistants – 3,168,000
    • Nurses, therapists – 2,548,000
    • Teaching, education – 2,403,000
    • Cashiers, accounting – 2,287,000
    • Retail, sales – 1,783,000
    • Psychiatric, home health aides – 1,675,000
    • First-line supervisors/managers, retail sales workers – 1,505,000
    • Waiters, housekeeping – 1,471,000
    • Receptionists, clerical – 1,323,000
    • Bookkeeping, auditing clericals, accounting clericals – 1,311,0
  • Rate Of Women unemployed –
    • The rate of unemployment was 5.4 % in women and 6.1 % in men.
    • 3.7 % in Asian women
    • 4.9 % in white women
    • 7.7 % in Hispanic women
    • 8.9 % in black women
  • The list of occupations providing highest median weekly earnings in women –
    • Pharmacists – $1,647
    • Chief executives – $1,603
    • Lawyers – $1,509
    • Computer software engineers – $1,351
    • Computer and information systems managers – $1,260
    • Physicians and surgeons – $1,230
    • Management analysts – $1,139
    • Human resource managers – $1,137
    • Speech-language pathologists – $1.124
    • Computer scientists and systems analysts – $1,082

This data is based on full-time workers and on salaried employees.

1 response to Facts And Figures about the Status of Working Women in Our Society

  1. what i like about asian women is that they are cute and very caring;”:

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *