Symptoms of Cluster Headache
Cluster headache is the most painful of the three types of known headaches. Statistically, 69 out of 100,000 people get affected by this headache. Though the headache is rare, the pain is unbeareable. The avarage age to get affected by this headache is 40 years in men and 60 years in women.
Characteristics of Cluster Headache:
- Intense burning sensation in the eye.
- Magnitude of the torturous pain makes the person restless as he move back and forth to feel bit relieved.
- Lying down during the pain only increases its magnitude further.
- The attacks take place mostly between 9 A.M. to 9 P.M.
- The attacks lasts for whole day, with each attack lasting for 15 minutes to three hours on average.
- The attack is sudden and the relief aslo takes place quickly.
- Vommiting generally brings in the relief and the patient is left exhausted after the suffering.
Types of Chronic Headache based on their duration:
|S.No.||Type of Chronic Headache||Duration||Relief Period|
|1.||Normal||1-12 weeks||1-2 hours|
|2.||Chronic||More than once in a year||Less than one month|
|3.||Episodic||1 Week to 1 Year||6-12 months|
Statistics of Chronic Headache:
|1.||Percentage of Suffer||1%|
|2.||Risk factor||Men by 2-3 times|
|3.||Average Age of Onset||20-30 Years|
Symptoms of Chronic Headache:
- Torturous pain, in and around the eye.
- One-sided pain of the head.
- Redness of the eye on the effected side of the head.
- Swelling of the eye on the effected side of the head.
- Running nose on the effected side of the head.
- Drooping Eyelid.
- Excessive rolling of tears
- Face turning sweaty and pale.
- Reduced pupil size.
- Irritation to light.
- Irritation sound
- vomitting sensation
- zig-zag lines before the eyes.
Things to avoid the symptoms of chronic headache symptoms:
- Sleep Disorder
- High Altitude
- Bright Light