Migraine Headache Symptoms
Migraine is a severe headache with a lasting period of 4 hours to 3 days at a stretch. The actual causes for this problem are not known yet. Unfortunately it cannot be cured too. Most of the time this headache is diagnosed lately. According to an estimation of the United States National Institutes of Health , American employers spend about $13 billion a year on migraine. This spending is on par with the spending on diabetes disease. This article focus on the mostly neglected aspect, migraine headache symptoms.
Migraine Headache Symptoms:
The primary migraine headache symptoms include:
- Severe headache on one side of the head.
- Irritation with light.
- Irritation with sound.
- Vomiting sensations.
- Visual disturbances like zig zag lines or flashy lights before the eyes.
- Craving for sweets.
- Difficulty in speaking.
- Lack of coordination between the muscles.
- Pinning sensation with needles at the neck,shoulders and hands.
- Poor concentration.
- Increased urination.
- Stomach ache.
- Weakness of one side of the body.
Migraine Symptoms Statistics:
The top statistical facts for migraine symptoms are:
- 60% of migraines are one-sided.
- 15% of people get migraine on the same side.
- Only Children are most susceptible to migraine pain on both sides.
- 85% of the migraine pain is described as pulsing or of throbbing type.
- 62% of the migraine pain last for more than 24 hours if not treated on time.
- In children the pain lasts for less than an hour.
- Sensations of vomiting is experienced by 80% of migraine patients.
- 30% of them indeed vomit during the pain.
- 80% of migraine patients are sensitive to light and sound.
- Blockage of the nasal passage and redness of eye are the symptoms found in 45% of migrant patients.
- Only 10% patients get the warning signs of migraine in the initial stages.
- 85% of migraine patients report that the headache is triggered by several factors.
Triggers of Migraine Symptoms:
|S.No.||Factor||Percentage of Trigger|
|4.||Menses in Women||50|
|6.||Various Food Items||45|