Sore throat Remedies
Effective cure depends on the various causes of the sore throat. It may be very painful and frustrating for the patient to bear viral sore throat. But the drug treatment will neither decrease the span of the illness, nor do they diminish the symptoms.
Various antiviral herbs, vitamins and plants are used to improve immunity and rapid recovery.
- Inhaling the fragrance of essential oils of eucalyptus, lavender, thyme ,sandalwood and sage are recommended by Aroma therapists
- Ayurvedic practitioners often advise to gargle with a mixture of salt, turmeric powder and water, or products such as sage, bayberry, alum, and sumac
- Herbalists suggest taking osha root, slippery elm or drinking ginger tea in-case of pain and internal infection
- Homeopaths treat sore throats with Belladonna, Lachesis, mercury, yellow jasmine or Phytolacca,
- Do not participate in smoking.
- It is good to gargle with warm salt water daily.
- Add basil leaves to a cup of boiling water and drink it.
- Chewing garlic pieces is an effective way to cure sore throat.
- Avoid acidic juices like orange juice, this can irritate the throat.
- Avoid spicy foods but can take nutritious foods like soft noodle soup.
- Antiseptic sprays and pills may worsen the sore throat rather than improving it.
- To get an immediate relief from pain, add a little quantity of honey and lime juice to a glass of hot water, stir and drink it.
- Take a lemon cut it into two pieces, on one peace put a pinch of black pepper and salt, and press it with a spoon. See that the pepper and salt enters into the lime. And then heat the lemon and make it lukewarm. Then squeeze the lemon and lick the juice. Repeat it for two-three times a day.
- One simple way to cure sore throat is to add a pinch of cayenne pepper to a cup of boiling water; mix well and drink it slowly.
- While preparing a marshmallow root tea. Add one spoon of dried root to a cup of boiling water, keep it covered for ten minutes, after that strain and drink at-least three cups a day.
Home remedies for Sore Throat:
By following these remedies you can help reduce the pain and symptoms caused due to sore throat.