What Is Ear Fungus?
Ear fungal infection might be found in the external ear canal. This is called ‘otomycosis’. The fungus might appear in the ear lining and it might not invade into the ear tissues. It might cause pain and itchiness on the area.
The ‘otomycosis might become chronic if one is experiencing it for more than once. The condition might not be serious but it creates much irritation.
Types of Ear Fungus
The human ear might be infected with different types of ear fungus. They are mainly four types of species of fungus found in the ear. They are:
- Aspergillus fumigates
- Aspergillus niger
- Candida albicans
- Candida tropicalis
Causes of Fungal Ear Infections
The ear fungus might grow fast in the humid and warm environment. There is a greater risk for the ear canal to get affected by the fungus because the area remain warm and humid all the time.
The men and women might get ear fungus infections equally without any particular reason. The people who spend most of their time outside in dirty and highly humid atmosphere might develop ear fungus.
Symptoms of Ear Fungus
The fungal ear infection might show up many symptoms. It might create severe inflammation and pain.
The primary symptoms are:
- Inflammation of the outer ear
- Itchiness and continuous itching sensation
- Pus build up and drain
- Scaly skin
- Ringing of the ear
- Blockage in the ear
- Build up of particles which increase the rate of fungus growth
Home Remedies for Ear Fungus
- Take small and equal quantities of white vinegar, warm water, hydrogen peroxide, and rubbing alcohol. Mix it and pour into the ear. Hold it for one minute in the ear and drain out to clean the ear
- Take warm olive oil and apply it in the ear once in two months to prevent the excess wax build up which might result in blockage of the ear and ear fungus
- Put some garlic in a small quantity of olive oil for a few hours and heat the solution. Let it get lukewarm and dip a small cotton ball in the solution. Keep wet part in the ear. This might be repeated for ten days
- A hair dryer might be used to dry the ear. Hold the dryer at least 12 inches far from the ear
- Heat some salt and tie it in a thick socks and apply it to the ear. This might absorb the fluid in the ear
Treatment for Ear Fungus
The ear fungus might be treated effectively by treating the above said symptoms. The ear block might be cleared as a first step to the treatment for ear fungus. This might be done at an ENT specialist’s clinic with the help of an otoscope which will make sure that the block is completely removed. The doctor might prescribe an anti fungal solution to apply to the ear.
It might be better to go to an ENT specialists’ center to remove the ear fungus forever.