Most of the people feel roughness in the throat, but very few know why it is caused. Well a bacterium called Streptococcus bacteria causes infection in your throat, which results in a rough throat.
Rough throat is often associated with:
- Swollen throat
- Sore throat
- Redness or Rashes
- Pain in the neck
- Difficulty in breathing or swallowing
Throat infection is common with everyone but mostly seen in children aged between 4 – 15 years. People who visit crowded places and the passive smokers are more likely to be infected by the virus.
Throat infections are contagious diseases, which spreads rapidly from one person to another.
Causes and Symptoms:
- It can be caused by breathing through the mouth
- Sticky food struck in the throat
- Being close to already infected person.
- It can be caught by coughing and sneezing.
- Living in the crowded places, which are prone to infections.
- Easily infected to persons with weak immune system.
It is rarely seen that after developing a rough throat the victim may experience: rough rashes, burning sensation in the neck and likely to get fever up-to 101 f. The tongue changes to bright red colour, with a splashed, strawberry like appearance.
In this condition do not rely on antibiotics but try to follow some remedies.
Home Remedies to get rid of Rough Throat:
- Drink honey or lemon tea
- Sucking popsicles will help the children to get some liquid.
- Gargle with warm salt water
- Pain relief tablets also act well