Nose Cancer Symptoms
The nose is an integral part of the human face. The nose of a male is larger than that of a female. Nose has two nostrils which are separated and has a special part which helps one to smell. The nose purifies, humidifies and conditions the inhaled air.
What is nose cancer?
Nose cancer is also called nasal cancer or cancer of the nasal cavity or cancer of the Para nasal sinus. A majority of the nose cancers originates from the tissues like sinuses or nasopharynx. The nose cancer forms from the flat and thin cells in the epidermis lining the nasal cavity.
Nose Cancer Symptoms
Men are more likely to get nose cancer when compared to women. Men who are above the age of 45 are at a higher risk to get nose cancer.
Nose cancer symptoms are similar to skin cancer symptoms. The symptoms are very hard to detect in its early stages. It might proliferate to other parts of the face in the chronic stages.
It is advisable for anyone to go to an ENT specialist to determine the exact reason for the symptoms.
The primary nose cancer symptoms are:
- Stumbling block in the nasopharynx which links the nose with the throat
- Bleeding from the nose
- Lump in the neck
- Neck pain due to the lump
- Visible swelling on the neck
- Throat swelling
- Building block in the nasal ways
- Production of pus from only one side of the nose
- Unclear vision
- Hearing problems
- Muscle pain and weakness of muscles
- Swelling and weakness of the tongue
- Severe breathing problems
- Difficulty to speak properly
- Falling eye sight
- Weakness of the face muscles
- Unhealed lumps in the neck
- Difficulty to move and raise the shoulders
- Difficulty to tilt the neck
- Infection in the nose, throat, neck etc
Factors which can cause the symptoms of Nose cancer are: According to the National Cancer Institute, the factors which can cause the nasal cancer are:
- Particles inhaled in Metal-plating.
- The Chamicals used in Shoemaking.
- The dust in Furniture-making.
- The dust in Sawmill work.
- The dust in Woodworking (carpentry).
- The dust in Flour mill or bakery work.
- Being male and with age above 40 years.
Types of Malignant Nose Cancer Cells and the areas where they cause the symptoms:
|S.No.||Cancer Cell||Area of Effect|
|1.||Squamous cell Carcinoma||Lining inside the sinuses and the nasal cavity|
|2.||Melanoma||Skin’s Natural Color|
|3.||Sarcoma||Muscles and connective tissues|
|4.||Inverting Papilloma||Inside the nose|
|5.||Midline Granulomas||Tissues in the middle part of the face|