Endometrial Cancer Causes
Endometrial cancer is also referred as uterine cancer. Endometrial cancer is caused in the cells endometrium which is the lining of the uterus in women. This type of cancer is usually detected in the early stages as it mostly caused vaginal bleeding.
The endometrial cancer cells develop in the lining of the uterus. The exact reason for their development is not yet known. But, scientists believe that the levels of estrogen in any female play an important role in cancer development in the body.
Causes Of Endometrial Cancer:
Some of the common causes of endometrial cancer are:
- Levels Of Hormones: The hormones of women play an important role in endometrial cancer. If the balance between the two hormones of estrogen and progesterone can lead to formation of endometrial cancer. The balance between these two hormones can be disturbed either during the menstrual period or at the time of pregnancy.
- Use Of Contraceptive Pills: Use of contraceptive pills can also sometimes result in endometrial cancer.
- Total Number of Menstrual Cycles In Women’s Life Time:If the women has more number of periods in her life time then it could also increase the chance of endometrial cancer.
- Pregnancy: During the pregnancy the balance in the hormones can be disturbed which could result in endometrial cancer.
- Obesity: Women who are overweight can be at the risk of getting endometrial cancer more easily. This is because the tissues of fat could increase the level of estrogen which could result in endometrial cancer.
- Ovarian Tumors: Some of the ovarian tumors have the tendency of making estrogen. This could increase the levels of estrogen in the body which can provoke endometrial cancers.
What Causes Endometrial Cancers:
Endometrial cancers are normally formed due to the imbalance in the level of the hormones of estrogen and progesterone. Some other basic reasons for its formation can be:
- Family History: If someone in the family had suffered from this cancer earlier in the family then there are more chances of it getting transmitted to the present generation.
- Age: Growing age can be considered as one of the reasons for endometrial cancer.
- Diabetes: It has been found that most of the people who suffer from diabetes are normally fat. That is why people suffering from diabetes have the greater chance of endometrial cancer.
- Endometrial Hyperplasia: The patients suffering from endometrial hyperplasia are more prone of endometrial cancer. Hyperplasia is the condition or disease in which women have prolonged and heavy menstrual periods, bleeding in between periods, their period can be absent for more than 90 days (amenorrhea).