Top 10 ways to Save Power
Listed below are some easy tips to drastically bring down your utility bill:
- Weather: During hot weather, lower the thermostat. It allows the AC run longer. In cold weather, turn on the heater in intervals. Remember, heating is three times more expensive than cooling.
- For PCs and Laptops: Make use of the power management option available in all PCs and laptops.
- Go for showers: Take showers instead of baths. It saves both water and power.
- Use cold water: It is better for our clothes to be washed in cold water instead of hot water.
- The CFL bulbs: Compact fluorescent lamps last 10 times longer than regular bulbs and save up to $30.
- Drying dishes: We can let the dishes air dry naturally rather than use the power-consuming driers to do so.
- Turn off electrical devices promptly: Turning off any electrical devices when not in use saves up to 30% on your utility bill.
- Energy label products: These products meet the strict guidelines set by the government’s energy department.
- Programmable appliances: These devices, though costly, are programmed for optimum performance under various conditions.
- Use curtains: Curtains keep out the heat during the day or keep in night time winter warmth.
Points to remember:
- Though these tips appear simple to follow, they require resolution from you to implement them in your daily life.
- Due to the easily accessible resources, we have taken the power available to us for granted.
- In spite of reading and hearing a lot about the global warming, we turn a deaf ear reminding us that it is not our job to worry about.
- But, the clock is ticking. The power available to us from energy resources is reducing day by day.
- It is our collective responsibility to secure the future of our loved ones .