Tips to Attain Success
Success is what we all strive for. We work hard, overcome hurdles, set up goals for ourselves to be successful in life. This is not an easy task, but it is not impossible either. Where there is a will, there is a way, as the saying goes. It is an arduous journey, an uphill task, a road full of thorns and not a bed of roses. Continue to persevere and victory will be gained in the end.
What does it take to be successful?
- Determination – Know what the target is and do not give up, no matter what. Determination means to be steadfast in the resolutions sought after. “I know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen.” Frank Lloyd Wright
- Will Power – Will power is necessary to weather the hardships that come along. Will power and determination go hand in hand. Do not give into temptations that prevent the goals from being reached. Temptations will come, how strong is the will to succeed? “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing.” Abraham Lincoln
- Competitive Spirit – One should not fear competition. Healthy competition brings out the best in people. Many people excel at a task that has competition involved. People want to show their best work, whether it be playing ball or writing a proposal for a large corporation. “Your ability to learn faster than your competition is your only sustainable competitive advantage.” Arie de Gues
- Respect intelligence and find the best in others – While competition can be extreme, it should remain friendly. Appreciate individual talents among teammates and colleagues. Strive to bring out the best in a person. Leave the negative personal comments behind and focus on the good qualities of people. People will appreciate the effort.
- Pursue desired success vigorously. Acquire the necessary skills and qualifications and be adept at the task given. Learn all aspects of the work to the best of our ability “The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen.” Frank Lloyd Wright
- Devote full concentration. Be focused and do not get distracted by other things.
- One must do exceptional work in order to be successful. Merely performing one’s duty is not sufficient. Go over and beyond what is required. Performing something not expected but beneficial can make the boss take notice. It could make the difference between a promotion and a pay hike, or staying at the bottom of the business line. “The reward for work well done is the opportunity to do more.” Jonas Salk
“Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful” – Albert Schweitzer