Is Crying Good for You?
Crying relieves you of pent up emotions. It reduces the stress levels. We cry for various reasons. Most of the time we cry when we are sad. But tears also flow when we are happy. It is good to cry. Why so?
Why Crying is Good?
- It relieves you of your tensions
- It manages stress
- Form of communication. One can express one’s feelings through it
- Conveys love for another person. It brings people closer. We cry for our loved one. A baby cries for its mother
- Crying helps you get over a hurt. By crying, you forget the seriousness of the event
- Crying indicates deep feelings. It can reflect anger or happiness
- It releases frustrations
- Crying is a safety valve to pent up emotions
- You feel relaxed after a good cry
- Crying cleans the eyes. Dirt is removed
- It reduces blood pressure. Since your are relieved of stress, your blood pressure levels come down
- Crying can also indicate some illness. When you are in pain you cry
- Crying can express what words cannot
Crying is generally considered to be a negative emotion, but it has its benefits too. Shedding tears relieves you of your worries. People cry when they are hurt or in love. The feelings vary from individual to individual. It is normal to cry.