Why Eat Vegetarian Food?
A vegetarian diet has become more popular and many prefer it to a meat based diet. A vegetarian diet consists of plenty of fruits and vegetables and has several benefits.
Benefits of Vegetarian Diet
- A vegetarian diet has lower rates of heart diseases and some forms of cancer such as colorectal, ovarian and breast cancer as compared to non-vegetarian diet
- Simple and easy to prepare
- Less risk of obesity
- The chances of developing Diabetes are less
- A vegetarian diet can be of less hassles to a patient of hypertension
- It is good for athletes
- It improves the sex appeal of male body odor
- A vegetarian diet is lower in total fat
- Vegetarians eat more antioxidants such as Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Beta-cartones and phytochemicals. Antioxidants decrease the chance of getting heart disease, cancer and other diseases
- Grains and plant foods contain fiber which is found less in animal products
- A vegetarian diet contains less saturated fat
- More economical. Easy on the budget
- Those following vegetarian diet tend to live longer
A vegetarian diet is preferred on account of its benefits. Even traditional meat eaters are taking to it. They are finding it a better substitute to meat.