Top 10 Ways to Bond With Your Kids
Relationship with kids has to be nurtured. As parents we need to maintain friendly and binding ties with them. We need to get closer to them. Children should be able to share their worries and concerns with their parents. They should feel free to talk to them. How can parents bridge the gap with their children and be more accessible to them?
Tips For Bonding With Your Children
- Involve yourself with your children in common activities. Developing hobbies with them helps to bridge the gap between them and you
- Play with them. Children like to play and if parents take interest in such an activity, they would be thrilled. Adults should come down to the level of their children and enter into their world
- Be a friend to them. Let them share their feelings with you. Do not create barriers of any kind between them and you. They should feel free to approach you
- Talk to them. Find out what is bothering them. They should be open discussion about problems on hand. As parents, you should try solving them
- Go out with them. Enjoy a movie or a picnic outing with them. You should spend quality time with your children
- Prepare tasty dishes for them. Find out what food they like and prepare that accordingly. As a mother, it is nice to cook something that your child most desires
- Read bedtime stories for them before they go to sleep. Tuck them in. Make them feel cozy in bed
- Kiss them and shower your affection on them. Physical touch of this nature shows your love for them
- Do not forget to celebrate their birthdays. Children love to invite their friends over on their birthdays. It is a precious moment in their lives
- Take interest in their studies. Do not neglect them. Visit their school, talk to their teachers about their performance
Bringing up children is a major responsibility. You should be a friend to them and try to get more intimate with them. As a parent, you must take interest in their daily activities and also be involved with them personally. The bonds between you and your child should be very strong. Relate to them at their level of thinking. Do not be overbearing.