Do Stress Balls Relieve Tension?
Stress is a major health problem. Everybody experiences it. One has to cope up with it. Several solutions are there. Like developing hobbies, relaxing to music, exercising etc. One can also use stress balls to get rid of stress.
What are Stress Balls?
Stress balls are smaller than tennis balls, which when squeezed decrease muscular and general tension. They are very effective stress management tools. Many people use them while talking on phone or in meetings. They are also known as squeeze balls, since they are squeezed to relieve tension.
The stress balls retain their original shape even after being squeezed. They come in different colors. There are imprinted stress balls, vibrating stress balls and many more. They are available online as well.
One can have also a customized stress ball, which has the logo of the company on it. These customized squeeze balls can be used to promote the company products. Messages also can be conveyed. The company’s image is boosted.
How Does One Relieve Stress With the Help of Stress Balls?
When one squeezes the stress ball:
- Our attention is diverted from the source of stress. The mind is stabilized and both the mind and body relax
- It is similar to stress relief games and meditation
- It improves the blood circulation and helps in supplying more nutrients such as oxygen and glucose. It also eliminates toxins such as carbon dioxide and lactate
- The piled up mental energy due to stress is released. This relaxes the mind
- The nerves in the hands are stimulated. These nerves carry the signals to the brain, particularly to parts that are concerned with emotions
Stimulation of the brain helps in the production of endorphins that are quite similar to natural pain relievers and sedatives
Relieve your stress by using a stress ball. Avoid ventilating your stress by shouting, throwing something or fretting. Use a stress ball instead. One must try to relax the muscles and get rid of mental tension.