What are the Top Brain Foods?
A balanced diet is good for health. One must eat right for high energy levels and better metabolism. Selected brain foods provide you with all the required nutrients for healthy physical and mental development.
Top Brain Foods Necessary for Good Health
- Fish: It contains plenty of omega- fatty acids that promote neuronal growth, fortification of myelin sheaths. These sheaths facilitate communication between neurons. These acids also improve cholesterol levels as well. Fish such as salmon and cod contain these acids
- Fruits: Fruits contain plenty of antioxidants particularly strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, plums, oranges, kiwis etc
- Vegetables: These also contain a lot of antioxidants. They reduce the risk of developing cognitive impairment
- Water: One must keep the body and brain hydrated. Dehydration can cause headaches and long term neuronal damage
- Chocolates: Cocoa beans contain the flavanol epicatechin and antioxidants. One should avoid candy bars as they contain sugar
- Matcha: It is fine ground powder of green tea plant. By drinking it one gets a lot of Epigallocatechn Gollate (EGCG), which is a compound having ingredients that are anti-cancer, anti-aging, and promote other health benefits. It contains a lot vitamins and minerals
- Coffee beans: Caffeine is now considered to be good for the brain. Regular consumption of coffee reduces the risk of mental deterioration and diseases such as Dementia and Alzheimer
- Egg Yolk: Main source for choline, a nutrient that boosts brainpower. It speeds up the sending of signals to the nerve cells in the brain
- Alcohol: Moderate alcohol consumption improves blood and oxygen flow to the brain. At the end of the day one can wind up with a glass or two to relax the brain
One should increase one’s brainpower by taking the right kinds of foods. An alert mind can do wonders in your work place. Eat right and improve your overall health.